Re: [opensuse] Failures with 12.1
On 07/12/11 10:41, JAMES KNOTT wrote:
I recently installed openSUSE 12.1 on a system that ran well for years with
11.0 and earlier versions. There are a couple of problems.

1) It will not boot directly from the hard drive. I have to boot the install
DVD and let it boot from the hard drive. If I try to boot from the hard drive,
it stops after all the PCI IRQs are listed. Grub is configured to boot from
the boot partition, which is sda1, 100 MB ext2.

It freezes completely ? does the keyboard respond ?

2) The other, and more severe, problem is networking frequently fails to start.
As this is my main system, I need networking.

With what message ? what does /var/log/messages say about the network ?