Re: [opensuse] perl module install question
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:03:37 +0100
On Wednesday 07 December 2011 09:01:05 Greg Freemyer wrote:
I think the real issue is this line from the perl specfile:

Provides: perl-IO-Zlib perl-IO-Compress-Base perl-IO-Compress-Zlib
Obsoletes: perl-IO-Zlib perl-IO-Compress-Base perl-IO-Compress-Zlib

Note the absence of perl-IO-Compress. I can branch perl in OBS and
add perl-IO-Compress easily enough, but I don't think I know enough
about perl to test it outside of the one package I'm testing that uses
it.

I just asked on the -packaging list if adding perl-IO-Compress to the
above makes sense. If I get buy-in and that fixes the issue for me,
I'll SR an update to D:L:P::perl

Let me know if you agree.

The correct answer is "I don't know".

I doubt the above could cause a dependency error on "perl = 5.14.2" though.
What you found might be a problem, I'm not sure, but I'd be greatly surprised
if it's the root cause of the bug you reported

Anders