Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
C said the following on 12/07/2011 07:21 AM:

problem, find its boundaries. Check "all the usual suspects" and google
around a bit.

isn't that the usual way? :-)

Well it seems not.
We had an annoying newbie here last month who never seemed capable of
that despite begin told to by many members.

In other lists I'm on people are complaining that people join to ask
questions the answers to which are in the documentation - quite clearly
- and also in many articles on the 'Net, but fail to bother and use the
list as a crutch.

So people like thee and mee who say "go google" are viewed as being
intolerant and bad tempered curmudgeons.

The frightening this about the "Help Desk" stories is they are true.
I'm convinced that Microsoft has "dumbed down" many users, but that's
for another thread on another forum.

Here's one
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/dmitryd/helpdeskfunnies.html
you can google for more.

--
“We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts,
foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation