Re: [opensuse] perl module install question
Craig Millar wrote:
Hmm, I am getting something similar, with the devel:languages:perl repo
enabled:

I downloaded the perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib rpm and tried to install
directly with rpm and got an error:

error: Failed dependencies:
perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib is obsoleted by (installed)
perl-5.14.2-1.9.i586

I don't really have an answer I'm afraid, it appears to be something
to do with inconsistent packages in devel:languages:perl and you may
want to try CPAN as suggested by Dave if you can't wait for it to be
fixed.

Hmm, that suggests that it's already installed and
http://perldoc.perl.org/index-modules-C.html indicates that
Compress::Raw::Zlib is a core module, so doesn't need to be installed.

http://perldoc.perl.org/index-modules-I.html indicates that at least
some parts of IO::Compress are core modules.

Have either of you tried just running perl programs that use these modules?