Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On 12/07/2011 01:59 AM, LinuxIsOne wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Roger Oberholtzer<roger@xxxxxx> wrote:

In our company, they are doing all this stuff with sharing documents and
such. Sharepoint, I think it is. Once you start the MS path with that,
you are pretty much committed. In a company of 8000 engineers, reworking
all that document integration is not likely to happen. Unless migration
is (1) automated, (2) bullet-proof, (3) feature comparable + extras to
warrant the move in the first place, (4) makes the bean counters happy.
Is there a supported Linux alternative to Sharepoint? I mean a complete
professional supported product. Not bits and pieces the average IT
department will never get working.

I know I was looking into eGroupware. http://www.egroupware.org/solutions

How close to Sharepoint ?

--