Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 23:45:13 +0100
Duaine Hechler wrote:

My take on the solution - is windows will never go away until all
"windows" software can run "natively" within Linux.

For most business users, Windows could go away tomorrow. I've been
running my business entirely on Linux for more than five years.

That being said, then, more than likely, Linux will end up being
susceptible to all the "nasties" of Windows.

_Or, the emulation software becomes the primary OS (just like IBM's)

There are far more MVS-only shops than there ever were VM-installations.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.6°C)