Re: [opensuse] Traffic signs
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 21:46:30 +0100
On Tuesday 06 December 2011 11:47:23 Dave Howorth wrote:
It means motor traffic prohibited, and you see it if you try to drive onto
a motorway in the wrong direction, for example (I don't think it means
'no entry' in general, because when you see it in a city if you try to go
the wrong way down a one-way street, it's typically still allowed to do
so by bicycle or walking, the only prohibition I think is for motorized
vehicles - motorways excepted naturally)

I guess there's a difference between Sweden and the UK then (apart from
the colour of the bar) because in the UK it does mean no entry to any
vehicle, including cycles.

Actually, it turns out that's what it means in Sweden as well. I guess I
should be embarassed, but I've just never seen anyone take any notice of signs
like that while riding a bicycle. And while walking, what signs...?

There's also an implication that there can be
oncoming traffic. It doesn't mean 'traffic prohibited' (i.e. there's no
traffic at all on the road) that's just a white circle with a red
border.

Yellow circle with red border, otherwise yep.

Anders