[opensuse] Possible openSUSE 12.1 install methodology
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:55:05 +0100
I would like to install 12.1 on a spare partition in a rather quick
manner (meaning little down time for the existing 11.2 system - 12.1 can
still take a while to be ready). I would imagine I could install 12.1
from, say, the KDE live CD. Then, boot in to my old 11.2 partition, and
then chroot (mounting /proc and all as one does) into the new 12.1
partition and continue adding packages and whatever with zypper? Any
gottchas? Perhaps installing something with kernel modules might fail if
the install wants to load them. Might I expect any other problems that
would make this a painful approach?

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST