Re: [opensuse] OS12.1 is there a known issue with soft-raid1 ?
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I didn't see exactly your problem, but MD-Raid with Intel chipsets has been
broken for me since 11.4.  In my case, it seems as if the sizes of
configured
raids aren't reported correctly, leading to strange disk errors.  The

dmraid is "fake" raid. What is the advantage of using dmraid
(controlled by motherboard bios) v/s mdadm (kernel software raid)Use
mdadm raid instead? Besides mdadm raid setup would be portable across
hardware (motherboard) platforms.

[1]
<http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-login/458544-dmraid-vs-mdadm-raid-status-monitoring.html>

-- Arun Khan