Re: [opensuse] Re: modify_resolvconf vs netconfig: best practice to setup resolv.conf
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 09:13:52 +0100
Joachim Schrod wrote:

Just to repeat my use case: I connect to my Wifi network. Then
netconfig sets up resolv.conf to use the name server on that
network. That's OK most of the time when I'm at customer's sites or
so. But at my company, when I use OpenVPN to get into our Intranet,
I want to use the Intranet's nameserver as long as I'm connected
via VPN. When I disconnect, the Wifi nameserver configuration shall
be reestablished again. That worked perfectly with
/sbin/modify_resolvconf.

I haven't grasped what I need to do to have the same effect with
netconfig. I.e., what needs to go into
/etc/sysconfig/network/config and how I need to call netconfig in
the OpenVPN connection hook.

Maybe a silly suggestion, but have you considered simply
copying /sbin/modify_resolvconf from an older system and just keep
using it? Your setup is clearly custom anyway, so a little bit more
won't hurt :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.1°C)