[opensuse] 12.1 x64 on Dell Latitude E5420
12.1 x64 on Dell Latitude E5420

Has anyone tried installing 12.1 x64 on a Dell Latitude E5420?

I can't get the Installation to start from the DVD installation media. I've
verified that the burn is good, it starts up on Optiplex machines. I boot
from DVD and select installation, the "Loading Linux Kernel" progress
portion completes, then they system hangs on the green openSUSE splash screen
with no text. The system is then completely unresponsive.

I've tried kernel modes of Default, Safe Settings, No ACPI, No Local APIC,
and nomodeset.

I've also tried booting Ubuntu 11.10 x64 from a live USB stick, which results
in a black screen with blinking cursor.

Is there some incompatibility in the 3.x kernel?

Thank you,

Adam