Re: [opensuse] Re: Disabling tracker without deinstalling gnome.
On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 20:21 +0100, jdd wrote:
Le 29/11/2011 19:46, Jim Henderson a écrit :
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:22:33 +0100, Will Stephenson wrote:
Note that GNOME apps that you use in a KDE session will not have tracker
available unless you start it manually, I think the command line tool
for that is tracker-control - I can't check this right now.
Yes, tracker-control is used to manipulate tracker from the CLI.
I had some crash problem with thunderbird and was said that it was
tracker fault. I removed tracker and the problem (partly) stopped, but
like thunderbird is continuously updating I don't know if this is related.

do you think possible that there could be an issue between tracker and
TH?

It is possible; there was once a Evolution<->Tracker problem.
Typically integration is provided via a plugin. A plugin can usually
nuke the app that hosts it.

But I don't know how Tracker<->Thunderbird integration works.

But it is only "possible". If the application is having issues
otherwise...

Is is an openSUSE bugreport or a TH one (may I report upstream?)