Re: [opensuse] hideous fonts on 12.1
On 29/11/11 20:02, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
On 11/29/2011 09:59 AM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

force it to 96 DPI if that's not done yet, perhaps that will help

I will see if this helps. But will GTK apps use this as well?

I tested and and yes, GTK apps are using it (that's where the issue was -- Thunderbird and Firefox, both now look great).

Swapnil

There is also one other factor to keep in mind: there are fonts designed specially for monitor display and fonts designed for printing. Verdana is one such font for monitor display; I cannot remember others - look up wikipedia re fonts.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.