[opensuse] openSUSE Can't Mount Android 3.x/4.x Devices
  • From: Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:09:23 +0100
Hi,

As we know Android 3.x/4.x uses MTP which is not very well supported under Linux. When I connect my device using Gnome, while I can see the content and folder there are several issues:
1. I can't see content inside the folders thus all the images that I take from my Android device can't be copied to my PC.
2. I can create new folder and drag and drop content inside those folder -- such as movies. But once I disconnect the device and connect again, I can't see inside those folders as well.

With Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.0 will be the mainstream OS for Android, we need to support it so that users are not left to use Windows/Mac

Ironically KDE can't even copy paste data inside the tablet. So, its bigger issue in KDE.

I have tested all the online manuals none work. I have Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and am planning to buy Galaxy Nexus.

--
Editor: Muktware.com<br>
Skype: No Way...its non-free. Looking for alternatives<br>