Re: [opensuse] Regarding development questions.
Hello,

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011, Brendon Caligari wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011, Roger Luedecke wrote:
I have some books. I am not proficient though. One doesn't become
proficient by reading. I am versed in C and C++, but haven't had
cause to program much of anything 'real', just the examples and
exercises in the books.

I think opensuse-programming still is worth asking on.

In way of a good read I found Robert Love's "Linux Systems Programming"
to be a great with getting one's head around coding on Linux.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596009588.do

There also is "the Stevens", for a reference price and some
details see e.g.:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0321525949/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0201433079/
for a broader view (replace .com with e.g. .co.uk, .nl or use the ISBN
to shop at your preferred [local] bookstore [around the corner] ;)

-dnh

--
The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy.
-- BSD fortune file