Re: [opensuse] Regarding development questions.

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011, Roger Luedecke wrote:

There are many non-opensuse lists that deal with specific programmng
languages - perl, php, python, fortran etc. If you are not already (at
least partially) proficient in a programming language, getting hold of
a "<language> for dummies" (or similar) is probably a good idea.
I have some books. I am not proficient though. One doesn't become proficient
by reading. I am versed in C and C++, but haven't had cause to program much of
anything 'real', just the examples and exercises in the books.

In way of a good read I found Robert Love's "Linux Systems Programming"
to be a great with getting one's head around coding on Linux.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596009588.do