Re: [opensuse] Regarding development questions.
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 01:48:33 -0800
On Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:02:15 AM Per Jessen wrote:
Roger Luedecke wrote:
I wanted to know which ML would be the right one for general software
development. I want to dig in more to development, but am very amateur
and thus would have various questions. Such as the API, questions
about the IDE (KDevelop) etc. I wanted to make sure I didn't
inadevertently misuse a ML in this matter.

There are many non-opensuse lists that deal with specific programmng
languages - perl, php, python, fortran etc. If you are not already (at
least partially) proficient in a programming language, getting hold of
a "<language> for dummies" (or similar) is probably a good idea.
I have some books. I am not proficient though. One doesn't become proficient
by reading. I am versed in C and C++, but haven't had cause to program much of
anything 'real', just the examples and exercises in the books.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador