Re: [opensuse] Re: SSD in openSUSE.
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 13:39:19 +0100
On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 23:04 -0800, Roger Luedecke wrote:
On Friday, November 25, 2011 07:14:50 AM C wrote:
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 02:54, Joachim Schrod <jschrod@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Btw, I have forwarded your comments concerning "leave free
unpartitioned space" to some friends of mine who do storage designs
for large providers for a living. AFAIK, they have access to internal
information from disk manufacturers resp. storage subsystem vendors.
If information is returned that I'm allowed to share, I'll forward it.

These are the guys I'd like to hear from :-) Of anyone, they are the
ones with real world experience and hopefully access to more reliable
info - vs... mmmm.. Wikipedia. If they can't share vendor specific
info, maybe a sanitized or generalized comment?

C.
PLus maybe we could poke them to update Wikipedia too.

I feel I should summarize the info in the responses to this question.
Unfortunately, there were more questions asked than answers found.

Perhaps we can wait and see what Joachim's buddies have to say, if it
can be repeated? And then try to summarize from that?

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20