Re: [opensuse] Re: SSD in openSUSE.
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:14:50 +0100
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 02:54, Joachim Schrod <jschrod@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Btw, I have forwarded your comments concerning "leave free
unpartitioned space" to some friends of mine who do storage designs
for large providers for a living. AFAIK, they have access to internal
information from disk manufacturers resp. storage subsystem vendors.
If information is returned that I'm allowed to share, I'll forward it.

These are the guys I'd like to hear from :-) Of anyone, they are the
ones with real world experience and hopefully access to more reliable
info - vs... mmmm.. Wikipedia. If they can't share vendor specific
info, maybe a sanitized or generalized comment?

C.