Re: [opensuse] Bizarre sound issue with Creative Labs SB0400 Audigy2 Value using IEC958 Digital Stereo
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:51:18 -0800
On Thursday, November 24, 2011 02:45:14 PM Basil Chupin wrote:
Well, it was working perfectly... better than ever. Then suddenly its
teh sux.
I would rather fix it, especially since that gives me info for a bug
report.
In 11.4 I tried disabling it with YaST and it didn't seem to make an
ounce of
difference except that it screwed up sound for a number of
applications.

I already stated that in 11.4 you cannot fool around with pulseaudio:
it won't be removed - but you can disable it in YaST>Sound>Other
options.

Anyway, good luck with your problem.

BC

BTW, Roger, I forgot to mention that you would want to install
'pavucontrol' for pulseaudio.
Yeah, it didn't seem to actually disable as it should have via YaST.
I got pavucontrol and don't find it very useful.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador