Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
On 24/11/11 01:36, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 23.11.2011 15:29, schrieb Basil Chupin:
On 24/11/11 01:22, lynn wrote:
On 11/23/2011 02:37 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Basil Chupin said the following on 11/23/2011 08:30 AM:
On 24/11/11 00:23, PM wrote:
Ok well, I should read how to configure Thunderbird then, but I am
using KDE (though it doesn't matter for Thunderbird, I guess...)

Thanks.
Yes it matters not for Thunderbird that you are using KDE :-) .

Configuring TB is simple, but you will need to know the name(s) of the
server(s) your ISP uses for the incoming and outgoing mail; you should
get this from your ISP's site.
All of which you would have to do if you used KMail (or Evolution or
some other mailer) ...

All I had todo with thunderbird is give it my e-mail address and the
password. It did everything else. I didn't need to know anything about
my ISP.
L x
Interesting.... You didn't have to configure the Server Settings for
incoming/outgoing mail?
Thunderbird contains a feature to ask a central database and a server
@mozilla to figure out your server settings based on email address.

Wolfgang

Now this *is* interesting.

I haven't installed TB from scratch now for some some 5 or 6 years (whatever) because all I do is copy to a new installation of a distro the /home/.thunderbird directory. The only change I made to its contents is that I changed ISPs 3 years ago and so had to alter the Server Settings.

Thank you for letting me know about this as I think there is one person who is about to ask me to help with installing oS and also TB.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.