Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
On 11/23/2011 09:29 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 24/11/11 01:22, lynn wrote:
On 11/23/2011 02:37 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Basil Chupin said the following on 11/23/2011 08:30 AM:
On 24/11/11 00:23, PM wrote:
Ok well, I should read how to configure Thunderbird then, but I am
using KDE (though it doesn't matter for Thunderbird, I guess...)

Thanks.
Yes it matters not for Thunderbird that you are using KDE :-) .

Configuring TB is simple, but you will need to know the name(s) of the
server(s) your ISP uses for the incoming and outgoing mail; you should
get this from your ISP's site.
All of which you would have to do if you used KMail (or Evolution or
some other mailer) ...

All I had todo with thunderbird is give it my e-mail address and the password. It did everything else. I didn't need to know anything about my ISP.
L x

Interesting.... You didn't have to configure the Server Settings for incoming/outgoing mail?

BC

I didn't either, and I just set up a number of Linux distros and used Thunderbird. The latest T/B version
seems to know how to do this.

--doug