Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
On 11/23/2011 07:55 AM, PM wrote:
hi,

I have installed openSUSE 12.1 and looks better than Windows. Should I
use Kmail or Thunderbird as the mail client in openSUSE 12.1 so that
once I am confirmed, I go to the docs of that one only.

Thanks.
This is mostly a matter of choice. The Linux diehards will tell you to use
only FOSS material. I'm not one of them. I would even cheerfully _pay_
for something I needed. However, Thunderbird is free.

Several suse's ago, I was using KMail, and I found that every so often--
perhaps one in 15 messages or so--the mail arrived from a known American
source but printed in some Asian font that could not ever be turned back into
readable material. I had to get rid of KMail, and I have never looked back.

I hope they have fixed this, but, as I say, I have never looked back.

--doug