Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
  • From: PM <mathsrealworld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:19:06 -0500
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

My advice (as a KMail maintainer at openSUSE) is:

If you are using POP mail or local filtering, use Thunderbird. There are some
regression bugs in KMail2 with mail duplication with POP and local filtering.

If you are using IMAP mail [with serverside filtering] use KMail, but don't
use the automatic migration from an earlier version, set up KMail in 12.1 from
scratch.  The migration mostly fails.

It's just as easy to reconfigure KMail from scratch as it is to start afresh
with Thunderbird and it doesn't cost you learning a new mailer's quirks,
keyboard shortcuts etc.

Well, I have to use only the gmail address (like: myname@xxxxxxxxx). I
don't know if it is IMAP or POP or both or what...(I would see the
difference) but as it is to use the client, so I am intended to use
it, however, it would be for the first time, I would use any mail
client, fortunately in Linux too! So okay I try with Thunderbird and
integrate my gmail account there...

Someone suggested a good point: trying both, but I guess as majority
of the people go with Thunderbird, so do I.......

--
Regards,
PM