Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?
On Wednesday 23 November 2011 07:55:58 PM wrote:
I have installed openSUSE 12.1 and looks better than Windows. Should I
use Kmail or Thunderbird as the mail client in openSUSE 12.1 so that
once I am confirmed, I go to the docs of that one only.

My advice (as a KMail maintainer at openSUSE) is:

If you are using POP mail or local filtering, use Thunderbird. There are some
regression bugs in KMail2 with mail duplication with POP and local filtering.

If you are using IMAP mail [with serverside filtering] use KMail, but don't
use the automatic migration from an earlier version, set up KMail in 12.1 from
scratch. The migration mostly fails.

It's just as easy to reconfigure KMail from scratch as it is to start afresh
with Thunderbird and it doesn't cost you learning a new mailer's quirks,
keyboard shortcuts etc.

Will