Re: [opensuse] SSD in openSUSE.
On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 22:40 +0100, Smartysmart34 wrote:
I use an SSD with openSuse 11.4 and had no problems so far. To minimise
write-access and to support TRIM on that SSD I did the following:

1) Mounted / with "discard"-Option
2) Moved SWAP, var and temp to a separate disk
3) home has been on a separate disk from the beginning and it still is
System running fine for allmost 6 months now.

Doesn't this mean you've installed a [high-performance] SSD and then
moved all the I/O to another disk? Swap, /var, and /home are going to
be where you reap the benefits of the SSD. Provided you have sufficient
RAM the applications and libraries you use from /usr [typically in the /
volume] are going to be cached in short order.