Re: [opensuse] systemd: Unit file of created job changed on disk ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:09:26 +0100
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

b) the snmpd daemon didn't start, I can't see why. Where did the
error messages go? I can't find anything related in /var/log/*

run systemctl status snmpd.status after reloading the files,

Okay, I did a "systemctl --system daemon-reload", then I did:

temp65:/etc/xen # systemctl status snmpd.status
Failed to issue method call: Unit name snmpd.status is not valid.
temp65:/etc/xen # systemctl status snmpd
Failed to issue method call: Unit name snmpd is not valid.

"rcsnmpd start" still doesn't start snmpd. As it happens, I know why,
but I want to understand how to get to the information. Surely there
is a log or something?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.4°C)