Re: [opensuse] zypper / btrfs / snapshots
On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 11:58 +0100, Lars Müller wrote:
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 06:02:11AM -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Now that I'm using BTRFS as my root volume I see that doing package
operations with zypper creates snapshots.
Awesome!
But... do these snapshots automatically expire at some point? Do I need
to manage them / delete them? Or should I just ignore them?
Shouldn't we try to consolidate all the information around snapper and
the btrfs snapshots at one page?

Agree. This seems like a powerful feature, but I can't find much
information about how to exercise it.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Snapper_install for example is outdated
as everything works out of the box with regard to snapper in 12.1.
Would be great if somone using btrfs and snapper updates the page.

The "snapper" interface does work via Yast. But it also shows no option
to drop / delete a snapshot.