Re: [opensuse] 12.1 Yast CA Management broken
On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 22:07 +0100, lynn wrote:
Hi
Yast CA management module is broken in both 32 and 64 bit versions of
12.1 I've filed a buzilla under 'other' as there is no section for 12.1
bugs as of an hour or so ago. The error is:

Error while creating client module ca_mgm

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend a tool where I can create a CA
certificate to sign a servercert and key to use with the ldap module? I
need to be able to specify the CN of the cert.

bad news indeed!

Regarding an alternative, you can use (in chronological order of
complexity and functionality)
a) openssl commandline
b) easyrsa (rather simple cli tool, part of openvpn)
c) tinyca
d) openxpki (OBS: home:/computersalat:/OpenXPKI/)
e) ejbca

If just for a single certificate, openssl should be enough

hw