Re: [opensuse] 12.1 and re-arranging icons in Quicklaunch
On 20/11/11 00:00, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 11/18/2011 11:50 PM, Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 19/11/11 00:39, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 11/18/2011 08:19 AM, James Knott pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
At this point move the task bar items to your hearts content.

They move but they don't always stay where you put them. KDE3 worked
much better for this.

You have to click on the icon you want moved and then click again once
you have it where you want it. Come on James this is not rocket science.

OK, Rocketman :-) how do I overcome this lill hassle?

In the Taskbar (in 11.4) I had on left side all the icons in Quicklaunch
which were then followed (going from left to right) by the Pager with 6
Workspaces; next I had something (cannot remember its name right now)
which showed what applications I had running, and then on the right hand
I had the Volume control etc with the Digital Clock on the extreme right.

The default appearance of the Taskbar in 12.1 has the Pager on the
extreme left followed by the Quicklaunch icons; the right hand side is
as in 11.4 (Volume, Clock).

Following your instructions about moving the icons around I also decided
to move the Pager to the right of the Quicklaunch - but in so doing the
Volume and the Clock have now moved into the middle of the Taskbar and
will not return to their original positions :-( . Any suggestions as to
how to get the darn things to stick where they are moved, or is it a
matter of deleting the kde4 dir in /home and allow it to be recreated?

BC

Move the pager further left, I think it has precedence over the others.

Thanks, Ken, but, No, this does nothing - Volume control etc and the Clock are still in the middle. Try to move them but they return to middle position as if a magnet is pulling them back...... :-( .

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.