Re: [opensuse] 12.1 and re-arranging icons in Quicklaunch
On 18/11/11 15:22, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 11/17/2011 10:31 PM, Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 18/11/11 14:03, James Knott wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Does anyone know, or point me to where I can read about, how to
re-arrange/move the icons in the Quicklaunch "area" on the Taskbar?

It was simply a matter of drag-and-drop in 11.4 with KDE4.7.3
installed but this does not seem to work under 12.1 32-bit (with
KDE4.7.3 installed).

Thanks for any hints/references.

BC

I have also found this flakey (pardon the technical jargon ;-) with
12.1. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I think I discovered on how to proceed with this. Mind you, it does not
solve the problem because once the icons are in place I cannot
re-arrange them :-( .

What I just did was to "Add to panel" the icons to the Taskbar in the
order I want to see them in.

I think the correct method is:

right click on task bar and unlock widgets
right click on task bar and click on "panel options"
and then "panel settings"

At this point move the task bar items to your hearts content.

When finished right click on the task bar and lock the widgets again.

AHA! Many thanks, Ken! Works on all the added icons - except for the one which was in place by default, namely the Dolphin icon: trying to move it results in moving a whole strip of the taskbar.

Thanks again.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.