Re: [opensuse] 12.1...., nope!
Linux Tyro said the following on 11/16/2011 04:51 PM:
Many people here have a different risk risk tolerance from you, Tyro.
You were concerned about the risk of getting things wrong when you were
partitioning your disk for Suse; you've displayed concern about which
distribution of Linux to use.
Yeah.

This is addressing the risk/benefit of dealing with alternatives.
Oh I see. It means that entire mailing lists run on risk/benefit of dealing...

No.
Read what I said.

The *individuals* on this list have a different risk tolerance from you.
And from each other.
We work and live in different contexts.

Example: You were concerned about getting things wrong in partitioning
your disk for Linux. For you there was a risk involved that your
decision might be wrong. That was clear from the questions you were asking.

For me there is no risk; I use LVM. If I make one partition to large
and another too small I can change them on the running system without a
reboot and without mounting. For me there is no risk that my decision
might be wrong. LVM also simplifies backup; I can snapshot a live
partition and copy the partition to a CD or DVD, all without 'freezing'
or going to single user mode. There goes another risk.

Its about individuals and how they each perceive and ameliorate risk.

Lists don't run on risk/benefit. They might run _for_ the benefit, but
its still "of individuals".

So if someone tells you that they will or won't move to 12.1 soon or
later, that's for their reasons and how they perceive the risks and
benefits of 12.1. You should think for yourself, and if they don't give
reasons, ask for the reasons. They may or may not apply to your context
and circumstances.

--
Production is not the application of tools to materials, but logic to work.
--Peter F. Drucker