Re: [opensuse] Email dist lists - advice
On 16/11/11 12:58, John wrote:
We have opensuse 11.4 and have been using KDE as the desktop over many suse
releases.

The problem is that my wife is active on a number of community groups and needs
to send a
considerable variety of emails to various groups or sub-groups Early on she had
distribution lists setup in Kmail and all was working OK. That was quite a
while ago.

In the past couple of years we have moved through opensuse versions to 11.4 and
upgrading
KDE on the way to v4.6.5 with Kontact 1.13.6& Kmail 1.13.6 and using the
default
addressbook. She has had to resort to basically entering the addresses manually
which is
rather slow .

Is there any simple way with the current versions we are using to setup
distribution
lists? Or could list members suggest an alternative mail client that does a
better job
with distribution lists.

Congratulations to the dvelopers on the imminent realease of opensuse 12.1

Thanks,

John
Canberra, A.C.T.
Australia

I suggest that you switch to Thunderbird where you can - as I did - set up (a) group/(s), say WodenCommunity, SportingShooters, and then drag-and-drop the individual e-mail addresses into that group's name.

BC

--
Diapers and politicians should be changed often; both for the same reason.