Re: [opensuse] Evolution on 11.4 imap problems.
On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 16:06 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
I'm totally frustrated with Evolution on opensuse 11.4. I finally
updated from 11.1 to 11.4 hoping to fix some nagging issues. Many of
those issues were fixed but now I have evolution problems. I posted to
Evolutions list but haven't received any replies so I'm hoping to get
help here.

I'm on that list; I must have overlooked your messages.

I'm running evolution 2.32.1-9.12.1.x86_64. I connect a couple pop3
accounts and an imap account. The imap account is what seems to give me
all the trouble. Every so often it will say checking for mail, the hard
drive access is pegged, and machine becomes choppy until I kill
evolution.

Are you using IMAP or IMAPX?

I found that if I rename folders.db and restart a couple times I can get
past it somehow, but it keeps coming back. If I leave imap off, I don't
have a single problem.

Ok. When you remove folders.db have you ensured that no evolution
processes are running?

Have you tried connecting to the folders.db file using sqlite3 and
running the vacuum command?

I've even tried upgrading to evolution 3, but I can get the migration to
work. It seems to bring over my calendar data and contacts, but all the
mail files fail to get brought over and converted to mbox. I even tried
backing up and restoring through evolution and that failed too.

2.32 to 3 should work; and 3 is noticeably more stable.

If backup/restore of *mail* is the issue that should be pretty simple.
Your POP mail is local. I'd create an MBOX or Maildir account in 2.32
and just drag-n-drop the mail. Then you should be able to open those
accounts in 3.x.

Anyone have any suggestions? What other info could I provide?
Any suggestions on upgrading to evo 3? I wouldn't mind trying that
anyway.