Re: [opensuse] starting for encyption
Linux Tyro said the following on 11/09/2011 09:20 AM:
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:

Using this forum as a crutch for basic questions may get you answers
fast, but it means you are not going to learn very well. If you worked
your way though those books and e-books and the articles you find
googling you will learn more about the why and wherefore of these
matters and a lot of supporting and context information that direct
answers to your questions here won't give you.

Yes but then why these mailing lists are for? I am a newbie, I don't
have the time to learn all the things but I have to implement the
things.

You are missing my point.

Those people, myself included, were volunteering our time to get you
started.

You are now asking RTFM questions.
This list should be your _last_ resource *AFTER* you have read the
relevant manual pages, googled and read the HOW-TO and commentaries and,
hopefully, experimented.

If you use this list as first resource without taking any initiative two
things will happen.

1. You won't learn for yourself.
2. People will become fed up with you asking questions that
a little bit of initiative on your part (RTFM/google) could
have answered.

--
The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away.
You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is