Re: [opensuse] how can i set wwwoffle?
  • From: Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 09:12:31 -0500
On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  wwwoffle -O http://SomePage
and it will be fetched when you go online
and/or displayed when you are offline
fetching it cashes it.

wwwoffle allows one to request various http pages when offline, fetches
(caches) them for you when your computer is online, and then they are
available for you to view at your discretion.
ie: 1) provide wwwoffle a group/list of pages you wish to view
   2) script your computer to go online sometime (maybe at night while
      you sleep) and wwwoffle to fetch the pages then.
   3) view the pages at your leisure.

when I was on dial-up, I did something similar, especially for long
downloads (programs, email, system updates, ...).

note:  wwwoffle provides a web access page to file your requests and to
set the function time.  http://localhost:8080/control

ps: reading the man pages will provide you with the same information.  I
have never personally used this application.

I guess it would be really typical for me now (as it seems to be,
also). I lastly got 'ScrapBook Plus' add-on for Firefox, I guess it
would serve the purpose.

--
THX