Re: [opensuse] wlan0 will not initialize
  • From: Markus Koßmann <mkossmann_ml1@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:44:39 +0100
Am Sonntag, 6. November 2011, 08:40:35 schrieb George Olson:
I have a lenovo 3000 V200 laptop using openSUSE 11.4. The wireless was
working fine before, but I could not get Knetwork manager to work, which
I eventually found was an unresolved bug.

So I have had to do the traditional method using Yast to manage networks.

The wireless card I have is:
Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network
Connection (rev 61) as listed on the pci bus.

The driver is iwlagn.

When I tried ifup wlan0, I get this response:

wlan0 device: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN
[Kedron] Network Connection (rev 61)
wlan0 starting wpa_supplicant
Could not set interface wlan0 flags: Unknown error 132
Could not set interface 'wlan0' UP
Failed to initialize driver interface
RTNETLINK answers: Unknown error 132
Starting DHCP4 client on wlan0. .
wlan0 DHCP4 client NOT running
RTNETLINK answers: Unknown error 132
Cannot enable interface wlan0.
interface wlan0 is not up

Could you also check /var/log/messages for messages from your wlan adapter ?