[opensuse] Re: multimedia issues: players working & not working,what is this?
  • From: Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 09:57:36 -0400
On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am having some problems, in the playing of music especially. I tell
the problem step by step as follows:

The currently enables repositories are as follows in my system:

http://imagebin.org/182593

4 repositories are enabled.

Video players I am having: Dragon player, VLC player, Kaffeine, Xine

Now the issues are the following and with the following file types.

1) Dragon player: Able to play and open the files of types: .mpg,
.mpeg, .flv, .mp4, .DAT -->> so no issues with the Dragon player

2) VLC player: Absolutely not working and not opening, only icon comes
for a moment but player doesn't start at all

3) Kaffeine:

--Kaffeine can start the song of the formats .DAT, .mpg & .mpeg but I
cannot move it back or ahead in time, and it doesn't show the time
(/length) of the song.
--Kaffine can start a video in .flv but with only audio - no video but
a blank screen comes!
--Kaffine can start a video in.mp4 but with only audio - no video but
a blank screen comes!

4) Xine:

--Xine can play .mpg, .mpeg & .DAT songs but without AUDIO
--Xine doesn't start the songs of .flv & .mp4 format

From the chat with the expert, all above of the issues have been
solved and the only remaining one is as follows:

Xine player is not giving any audio when played any video. So only
that much is remaining.

--
THX