Re: [opensuse] Skype and obsolete setsockopt
On 11/4/2011 6:28 AM, C wrote:
So... while GTalk is a nice idea, it's impractical on Linux... unless
they make a dedicated Linux client... and even then with it so closely
tied to private GMail accounts, it's hard to justify on a multi-user
family computer.

Ekiga works very well with external VoIP providers.. but you lose out
on the IM part.

Well there is no shortage of IM providers and gateways, etc.

I use CSipSimple on my Android phone and I get crystal clear calls
from anywhere. I can call land lines if I want to pay a VOIP company
for an outbound number. That and Ekiga on the desktop and any free voip
account and you are good to go for international calls.

Its fairly geeky, but not so hard to set up when there is a financial
incentive to do so.