Re: [opensuse] Weird network issue
On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:04:27 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rich Coe wrote:

I found the issue. For whatever reason why it doesn't happen on 11.4,
an incoming ICMP Redirect message is coming from the gateway to direct
all traffic to a new gateway.
That definitely also happened on much older releases - it's a standard
network feature. It may be disabled, but probably shouldn't be.
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.9°C)

I only disabled it because the 'route' isn't getting flushed from the
network stack when the network entry is removed.

The redirect poisoned the network stack since I can't connect to the
remote host unless I'm on the network where the redirect originated.

R.
--
Rich Coe rcoe@xxxxxxxxx