Re: [opensuse] Skype and obsolete setsockopt
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 15:16:21 +0100
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 15:01, Martin Helm <martin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
As a side note, I saw that my colleagues in the office who use skype on
windows
are more and more unpleased with it (I do not know exactly why, I have to ask)
and look actively for alternatives.

The current Windows and OSX version is littered with advertisements...
its default mode is an all in one mode that is intentionally designed
in a way that basically takes up as much screen real estate as
possible, loaded with huge buttons and excessive whitespace, usability
is down the toilet, finding features is a game of trying to guess
where the developers hid things this time or remember where you last
found it, it's very annoying to try and have a call plus two or three
text chats at the same time etc etc. the list is long.

Everyone I know (Windows and Mac users as well as Linux users) prefers
Skype on Linux for it's minimalism and simplicity....

C.