Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
On 04/11/11 21:11, Linux Tyro wrote:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Per Jessen<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

3. I created one user during installation and gave its password. Now,
is this user [which has system administrative privileges (was written
underneath the user when I created it)] having some sort of root
powers ... or that is different? Since when I go to yast, it says me
to enter the root password and I only enter the password of this
created user (with which I log-in too) and yast works, so by default
that is the password of root also? Or different (since I didn't set
the root password and it is accepting that password..!). Or could
root password be set separately..?
You normally will have a plain user and root, and typically both have
the same password.
Typically? Well, they're only the same if you make them the same.
Well, I guess the passwords of the superuser ('root') and this created
'user' (during installation) is same until I manually change the root
password but the two users are, of course, different. I guess it is
like this....? I just see how to change the root password.

--
THX

I think, Linux Tyro, you should make up your mind which distro you are going to get used to to begin with.

It seems you are asking the same questions in Ubuntu mail list as well as here.

If you run after two hares you won't catch either.

BC

--
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it,
but in the end, there it is.