Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
Linux Tyro said the following on 11/04/2011 04:47 AM:
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What the yast package manager loads first are the updated indexes of the
packages it can offer for you later. It doesn't install anything unless you
tell it so.

And even if I accept all those packages (without I actually know what
the packages do), it would have no harm...?

My printer Samsung ML-1610, was not detected (still not getting
detected) and I am not able to take the prints.. What should I do?
When to Yast and tried for detection but that doesn't help..

Like any number of time/life management books will tell you, deal with
one thing at a time.

Get your updates working and the necessary repositories set up.
There's no point complaining abut what can't be done if you don't have
the up to date software.

As for printers, you need to get CUPS working and you need the
definition package for your printer. You should have this in a CD that
came with the printer; that was the case for my printers.
--
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth, more than ruin,
more even than death. . . . Thought is subversive and revolutionary,