Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:50:53 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-11-04 10:02, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

You normally will have a plain user and root, and typically both
have the same password.

Typically? Well, they're only the same if you make them the same.

The default in YaST nowdays is both the same password.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I'm sure I did a Factory install just
the other day and still had to enter two passwords.

Well, if you're right, the openSUSE attitude towards security is
deteriorating rapidly.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.4°C)