Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

3. I created one user during installation and gave its password. Now,
is this user [which has system administrative privileges (was written
underneath the user when I created it)] having some sort of root
powers ... or that is different? Since when I go to yast, it says me
to enter the root password and I only enter the password of this
created user (with which I log-in too) and yast works, so by default
that is the password of root also? Or different (since I didn't set
the root password and it is accepting that password..!). Or could
root password be set separately..?

You normally will have a plain user and root, and typically both have
the same password.

Typically?  Well, they're only the same if you make them the same.

Well, I guess the passwords of the superuser ('root') and this created
'user' (during installation) is same until I manually change the root
password but the two users are, of course, different. I guess it is
like this....? I just see how to change the root password.

--
THX