Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 03:50:56 Linux Tyro wrote:
HI,

I am very glad to say that I have installed openSUSE 11.4 finally and
with it, I am glad that I have done it (the first Linux installation).
Wow, it looks pretty cute, nice display. openSUSE is good but there
are some issues which I definitely would be facing. Step by step I am
writing it below. But before that I would thank to the creators and
developers of openSUSE.

1. My printer Samsung ML-1610, was not detected (still not getting
detected) and I am not able to take the prints.. What should I do?
When to Yast and tried for detection but that doesn't help..

I also have an ML-1610 and it works well under Linux. There are a couple of
pointers to getting it going. Samsung do have a Linux driver available for
download on their website (at least they did - it has been 3-4 years since I
downloaded it).

You may not need to download their driver though - I'm pretty sure its
suppored by CUPS (Common Unix Printing System). Browse to http://localhost:631
and you should get to the CUPS administration page. Adding a printer is pretty
straightforward. If you need more step-by-step directions just ask.