Re: [opensuse] Skype and obsolete setsockopt
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 07:39:38 +0100
On Friday 04 Nov 2011 12:19:15 C. van Nidek wrote:
A message which I see already very long in dmesg is as follows:

process `skype' is using obsolete setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT

Have no problem running Skype but I find this information troubling.
Is there something to use a nonobsolete setsockopt (whatever that is)?

Just ask the Skype team for the source code and submit a patch to them ;).

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer,