Re: [opensuse] small installation help
Rajko M. said the following on 11/02/2011 11:14 PM:
On Sunday, October 30, 2011 09:59:50 AM Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Sunday, 2011-10-30 at 10:51 -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
In fact you probably want "/usr" (and "/usr/share") on separate
partitions and "/tmp" on a separate partition for security reasons.
(q.v. - go google)

I heard that the new systemd is not compatible with a separate /usr.

Nor it is sysvinit, when you have in /usr/lib/udisks what you need to mount
everything including /usr :)

And I've managed to write a shutdown.local that uses /usr/bin/perl even
though its invoked AFTER /usr is, quite legitimately and correctly in
sequence, unmounted.

Silly me!

Stupidity of implementation does not invalidate correctness of design.
(David's off-by-one example of handling argv[] is an example.)
--
"What you have to do and the way you have to do it is incredibly simple.
Whether you are willing to do it, that's another matter."