Re: [opensuse] Basic learning tutorials query
On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 08:03:22 PM Linux Tyro wrote:
Hi,

THE dvd installation would be completed in two-three days, but again I
guess I should have waited, as newer version is coming soon. BUT its,
okay for now.

AAMOF, I would be required to read some basic tutorials regarding
Linux (of course) which are applicable in openSUSE (I mean the
principles of which). For this, is there any link on the openSUSE
website(s) to get/learn that all...? But please, I don't need the one
like 'Installation book' or guide of 11.4. AFAIK, these are readily
available. But what I wanted to know like:

how Linux (in fact, 'openSUSE' works), what is directory structure and
how it is working, how various tasks are handles in Linux,
etc...etc... but from the scratch level.

In case you are interested http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596101831.do is
a SUSE & openSUSE specific book that made me to understand our distro
idiosyncracies. It's not updated to the new releases but can give you SUSE
unique concepts.

There are not many SUSE or openSUSE specific covering the whole aspects you
could be interested in. Another basic book is SUSE and openSUSE Bible.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung | Panama
openSUSE Linux Ambassador

openSUSE 11.4 | KDE 4.7 | Mesa-Nouveau 3D
Linux for Education