Re: [opensuse] startproc in rc scripts
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:36:45 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I want to use startproc to start more than one instance of a program
in an rc script. Is this possible? It seems that it ignores any
subsequent starts of the binary if it has already started it once.
None of the option for startproc seemed to matter. If I make a link to
the binary with a different name and use that, then I get another proc
running. Have I missed something?

Hi Roger,

the man page says:

For the possibility of having two different sessions of one binary
program, the option -i ignore_file allows to specify a pid file which
pid number is used to ignore all processes of corresponding process
session.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.9°C)